Saturday, August 22, 2015

Reflecting on Learning


Throughout this course I have learned a lot and reflected on how what I am learning will look like in my own classroom.  One of my most passionate hopes for my future as an early childhood professional is to make every moment count.  I do not want to miss out on any of those teachable moments with my young learners.  Days get busy and there is so much going on in a classroom that sometimes I feel like I miss out on a great opportunity for me to help my students be more confident or aware of what is happening around them.  I do not want to miss out on the opportunity to help them see how their words and actions are influences someone else’s feelings.  I want to help teach them the skills to be able to stand up for themselves and others against prejudice.  Many times I feel like these skills can be taught throughout each day if I just make sure to take the time to teach them.  In regards to the families I work with I want them all to feel welcome and visible in my classroom.  I want them to feel comfortable to ask questions and be willing to work with me to help their child develop.  I want them to know how important their love and guidance is in their child’s ability to learn and grow. 

Thank you to all of my colleagues and instructor during this course.  It has been a joy to read your discussion and blog posts and to see the different perspectives shared during this class.  It is always a good educational experience to hear other people’s ideas and views on different issues.  Thank you for taking the time to do great work during this class and help me grow as an early childhood educator. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Courtney,

    I remember reading during this course that even if you miss an opportunity it is important to take the time to go back. Sometimes we will not know how to respond right away or after reflecting on it will think of more to add. That is the nice thing about teaching, each day brings new opportunities. I think the important part is listening to the children and reflecting on what we are teaching- not just going through the motions. It is important work! Good luck in completing the program. Thank you for all your support. -Mary

    ReplyDelete