Friday, February 27, 2015

Professional Hopes and Goals


As I work with children and families from diverse backgrounds I hope they always feel welcome in my classroom.  I hope they feel that we have good communication with each other and that working together we can do our best to help their children be successful.  One goal for myself and for the early childhood field would be to never let my own biases get in the way of being an effective, caring and responsible teacher.  I would also hope that all early childhood teachers would be aware and knowledgeable about diversity, equity and social justice.  Having this awareness and knowledge will make them better teachers. 

Thank you to all of my colleagues in this course.  This course has given us all the opportunity to share personal stories and I am thankful for your openness and willingness to share.  Reading stories and ideas containing examples of what we are learning about has helped me get a better understanding of the issues presented in this course.  Thanks for all of your help and good luck in the next course!

4 comments:

  1. Great goal about never letting your biases get in the way. I have enjoyed reading your post and hope to see you in my future courses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Courtney,
    It is difficult to refrain from allowing our personal biases to dictate our interactions with others. I applaud your efforts to recognize and alleviate bias from your practice. Thank you for your insight! All the best!
    ~Markethia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Courtney,

    You did a fantastic job on the blogs this quarter. I think that your goals are great and attainable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney,
    Thank for sharing all your post and stories. I have learn so much from the things that you posted. I know you have been in a couple of my classes and I feel like you will be a good fit in this profession. Keep up the good work. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete