Saturday, October 25, 2014

Final Blog Assignment


Three consequences of learning about the international early childhood field:

1.     It opened by eyes and mind to early childhood education in other parts of the world.  I really enjoyed watching videos of programs throughout the world and what those programs are doing to reach their children.    
2.     It provided me with an abundance of new resources concerning early childhood education throughout the world. 
3.     It also educated me on poverty throughout the world and how poverty in other parts of the world affects the education of their young children. 

My professional goal related to international awareness of issue and trends is to continue to visit these website and stay up to date on this information.  Many times I learn about great resources but I never seem to have the time to go back to these sources.  I want to continue to go back to these resources and gain more information from them. 

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it frustrating to want to read articles or explore websites, but there aren't enough hours in the day?
    I expressed similar sentiments, and I felt the same about the program subjects opening my eyes to the issues worldwide. Thanks for your input and good luck in your future schooling and career!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney
    I agree it is hard to get back to read or even use these wonderful resources; for the last few classes I have copied and saved the information under each week to a flash drive. Also in the first class of the program we were assigned to create a resource page where you can information gathered from other sources. I hope this is useful. Congratulations on a successful eight weeks. ck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney,

    I enjoyed reading your posts and blogs in this course. I agree with you that we now have a ton of great resources to use. I especially enjoyed learning about poverty and was able to realize some ways to help families living in my hometown that are struggling with living below the poverty line. I look forward to learning more from you in the future.

    -Siera

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your insights! Good Luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete