Saturday, March 22, 2014

Personal Childhood Web

                                                           My daughter and my mother

Donna is my amazing mother!  She is very giving, loving and caring.  She has a great love for her savior, Jesus Christ.  She is always willing to do things for other people.  Her family is extremely important to her.  My mother was a single parent for the first six years of my life.  This created an extremely close bond between us.  My mother was always there for me.  She made sure I got to school and all of my different activities I was involved in.  She supported me in my schooling, volleyball, basketball and life.  My mother was very understanding.  I knew I could always go to her about anything.  She wouldn't always agree with me or be happy about what I was telling her but she was always understanding.  I felt like I could tell her anything!  My mother has always shown me love and I know I am very special to her.  In return she is extremely special to me!!  I hope my daughter will feel the same way about me someday as I feel about my mother!

                                                            Me and my grandmother

Tommy is my grandmother!  She is always wanting to take care of someone.  Her family is always most important to her and taking care of them is what makes her truly happy.  Going to visit my grandmother was something I always looked forward to when I was a child.  We always lived far apart and I loved going and staying at her house.  She would make me my favorite food, take me shopping and always have fun things for me to do.  When she would send me something that had been in her house I would always say "oh it smells like grandma".  I loved that smell!  My grandmother's love and attention always made me feel special.  Still to this day I love to visit with my grandmother.  I love to sit close to her and listen to all of her stories.  She still influences me to always make sure I am taking care of my family.  She is the rock for our family!!

                                          This is a picture of Diane's three granddaughters
                                          and my son when we took a trip to Disney World
                                          about three years ago. 
                                         
Diane is my aunt.  She is energetic, giving and caring.  Diane and I were always very close.  When I was 13 years old we moved to a different town about five hours away but Diane would always come visit.  She encouraged me in my sporting activities and our families took many vacations together.  We always had the best time!  When I went to college right after high school I lived with Diane and my cousin Katrina.  Diane treated me like her own daughter and I always felt loved and welcomed in her home.  Years later, as a single parent, Diane took the responsibility of raising her three granddaughters.  At the time the girls were four, three and one.  Diane has continued to raised these girls, who are now fourteen, thirteen and nine.  This is such a huge responsibility to take on and Diane has done it with open arms.  I know it is not always easy but her dedication inspires me to be a better person.

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, I loved reading about the 5 people that were most influential in your life. Your mom seems like a very sweet person that always has your back and everyone needs a go to person who will listen and tell when you are right and wrong.

    ReplyDelete